Tag Archives: issue

The Story of Wateen’s Billing Screw Up!

It has been some time since I blogged. There are a couple of reasons for my absence and lack of posting. The most important one being: Wateen’s screw up!!

Wateen, the only WiMax operator in Pakistan, had been working quite well for me since I subscribed to their services at the start of this year, so much so that I had been all praise for it off and on amid a plethora of criticism against them. But all of that changed come 6th of September.

I was out of town from the eve of 5th September till the eve of 7th September (weekend). Upon my return, when I tried to get back on the virtual world from my home through Wateen, I started getting “User is Invalid” message. That marked the start of a 5 weeks period, during which I called their support center so many times and was only given complaint #’s after complaint #’s (with a few reassuring words) but without any solution.

The problem was: A humongous telephony bill that was laden with a three days spree of bogus calls amounting to a whopping 12000 rupees!!

Continue reading

WordPress 2.5 – Yet another issue!

WordPress 2.5 is finally here, and I have upgraded to it from the initial Release Candidate 1 I had installed initially. WordPress is a blessing, and I love this new version!

But, after tackling with an issue in WP 2.5 RC 1, yet another issue was waiting to be tackled in this ‘final’ 2.5 version.

The issue was with TinyMCE Visual Editor. The Visual/HTML tabs were non-functional … in short, it was messed up (as seen in the image above. Image Source)!

I found a thread in WordPress Support on this issue, and this solution worked for me. Another post and solution here as well. Following is the solution that worked for me:

1. Compression is enabled on the server. If it’s set properly (in php.ini) the compressor for TinyMCE would detect it and not try to compress the js. To check for double compression: with Firefox, go to [your-site]/wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php. Should be a large text (js) file, starting with “var tinyMCEPreInit = …” and last line starting with “tinyMCE.init({mode:”none”,…”.

If it’s not – edit tiny_mce_config.php, looking for
'compress' => true,
change to
'compress' => false,